Saturday 25th of March 2017
Offline Sources of Information from FCC Members
- Parent Category: Adoption
- Created on Friday, 15 January 2010 19:46
- Last Updated on Sunday, 22 September 2013 15:25
- Published on Friday, 15 January 2010 19:46
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 3630
- The China Adoption information packet from the U.S. State Department, available by writing: U.S. Dept. of State, Office of Children's Issues, Rm. 4811 N.S., 2201 C St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20520-4818. tele: (202) 736-7000. This detailed package contains a translation of the Chinese adoption law, key contact names/addresses/##'s, and most importantly, a thorough discussion of the document authentication process as well as a description of the adoption procedure. If you get absolutely nothing else, and regardless of whether you decide to use an agency or go the independent route, get this. It is the definitive and official word on Chinese adoptions. Now available online at: http://travel.state.gov/adoption_china.html .
- If you are agency-hunting, it may be helpful to obtain the Report on InterCountry Adoption, from the International Concerns for Children, 911 Cypress Drive, Boulder, CO 80303-2821, phone & fax: (303)494-8333. This is a directory of many, if not all, adoption agencies throughout the United States, with points of contact, specific agency requirements, and lots of other information. Cost is a $25 donation which includes a 1-yr. subscription for periodic updates and a newsletter. See http://www.iccadopt.org/ for additional information.
- FCC-Baltimore has a huge information packet that is particularly useful for people going to Changzhou, Jianxi Province (near Shanghai), and first-time travelers to China. Contact FCC Baltimore Web site for more info.
- The National Adoption Information Clearinghouse, PO Box 1182, Washington, DC 20013-1182,
(888-251-0075) is a treasure trove of information about all aspects of adoption. They produce information packets as well as maintain a library of adoption material, and will conduct bibliographic searches as well as send you information on request. This information is also available on our web site.
- "The Compleat China Adoption Packing List." R.A. Robins, 5 George St., Montpelier, Vt. 05602. For this writeup, send a single-stamped SASE regular envelope to the address listed.